Tuesday, January 19, 2010

A Few Valentine Crafts

We definitely enjoyed our three day weekend. However, I was on-call so we had to stay close to home. We decided to get started on some Valentine's Day crafts. I got both ideas from Skip to my Lou website. They have such cute ideas...anyway, we made heart shaped rice krispie treats in the morning.
Even though, AM was wearing a Christmas outfit she was most definitely in the Valentine's Day spirit.



Then we made homemade heart shaped stain glass...it was super easy and cheap. I had all the supplies at home. It does not look as cute as Martha's or Skip to My Lou's but AM and WW had fun doing it. Although, I do need to purchase AM some smaller scissors.

First, you make LOTS of crayon shavings...

Put it in wax paper and fold...


Then iron it for about a minute...


Then cut and hang with fishing wire or string... they look better in the daytime when the sun is shining through them...but you get the jist.


On another note, my husband said he was going hunting with a few friends Sunday afternoon and I asked nicely (of course) for him to put his clothes up that I refused for two weeks to hang up. I mean I wash them, fold them, and neatly place them right by HIS closet door. The least he could do is put them up right!! Well, as he was walking out the door I asked, "Did you hang your clothes up." He yelled as he was hopping in his car, "Yeah." So I went to his closet and this is what I found...


He forgot to hang up two pairs of pants and then I opened his closet door and WOW...he just threw it all on the floor...all I could do is laugh.














No comments:

Post a Comment